Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Ram Jumped On Top (Slice 18)

Kolaches (pron. "KOHL-ah-chz") all in a row! From the top: poppyseed, apricot, and cherry.


I know I've said this before, but this time for real: I am SUPER tired, and definitely making myself go to bed ASAP in order to not feel like I'm running on fumes all week! So I will simply say that I did, in fact, make those kolaches today. I'll wear red tomorrow to celebrate St. Joseph's Day, I'm bringing kolaches to work, and now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go learn how to say this Czech proverb for the day:


Na Sv. Josefa vyskoči beran na vršek a poděkuje hospodáři.


"On St. Joseph's Day, the ram jumped on top and thanked the farmers."



...We're a strange people, us Bohemies...

4 comments:

  1. Those look yummy! I know how you feel. I've felt like that for the past week...like I'm running on fumes. Your slice is short and sweet. (No pun intended:) By the Way, I read The Hunger Games trilogy. Loved all three and can't wait to see the movie. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, they look delicious. I am wearing red tomorrow in support of our teacher's union. Our bargaining rights are up for grabs. Enjoy the Hunger Games. Loved all three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were indeed delicious! I think they are officially all gone, too! Shared at work and with friends (and, ya know, I ate one or six myself, too...), and I'm feeling like I had a successful St. Joseph's Day. And now I'm hurrying to blog so I can get back to my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quotation sounds suspiciously like it should have been part of "Wise and Otherwise."
    "There's an old Czech saying..."

    ReplyDelete